This fully double, peony-type China aster will wow you with its beauty. Developed specifically for the cut-flower market, each plant produces 8-10 stems of 3"-4" long-lasting blooms of densely packed petals. Plants branch close to the ground and stems grow long for cutting. A stunning choice for any garden--elegant or whimsical.
• Botanical Name: Callistephus chinensis
• Family: Asteraceae
• Native: China
• Hardiness: Annual
• Plant Dimensions: 24"–30" tall
• Variety Information: 3"–4", double, creamy peach flowers
• Exposure: Full sun to part shade.
• Bloom Period: Summer to fall.
• Attributes: Cut Flower
• When to Sow Outside: 1 to 2 weeks after your average last frost date, when soil temperature is at least 65°F. Mild Climates: Sow in late summer for winter bloom.
• When to Start Inside: RECOMMENDED. 6 to 8 weeks before your average last frost date. Mild Climates: Start in late summer for winter bloom.
• Days to Emerge: 10–15 Days
• Seed Depth: ⅛"
• Seed Spacing: A group of 4 seeds every 6" - 12"
• Thinning: When 2" tall, thin to 1 every 6"–12"
• Special Care: Mulch plants (avoid mulch touching stems) to help keep shallow aster roots consistently moist. Staking may be necessary. To reduce the possibility of common diseases, avoid wetting leaves when watering, and ensure good air circulation with proper thinning and spacing.