What's more healthful than superfoods, such as kale, broccoli, and collard greens? Baby superfoods! Superfoods are known to pack nutrients and vitamins in every bite, and this blend delivers. Superfoods baby greens can be grown indoors at any time of year and are a nutrient-packed way to get your "green fix" in the dead of winter. Move containers as needed for best light exposure and temperature. Harvest when 2"–4" tall and enjoy!
Mix includes: 20% kale, 20% broccoli, 15% collards, 15% kohlrabi, 15% turnip, and 15% bok choy
• Botanical Name: Brassica, assorted species
• Days to Maturity: 23–35 days
• Family: Brassicaceae
• Native: Europe
• Hardiness: Frost-tolerant annuals and biennials
• Variety Information: A crisp blend of tender, leafy greens some with red stems.
• When to Sow Outside: 2 to 4 weeks before your average last frost date, when soil temperature is at least 50°F, ideally 60°–70°F. Successive Sowings: Every 2 weeks until 2 weeks before the first fall frost.
• When to Start Inside: RECOMMENDED. Sow indoors any time of year, with indoor temperatures 60°–75°F.Successive Sowings: Every 2 weeks for a continual supply.
• Days to Emerge: 4–7 days
• Seed Depth: ⅛"–¼"
• Seed Spacing: ¾"
• Thinning: Not required.
• Harvesting: When seedlings emerge, the first pair of leaves to show are the cotyledons, which can look very different from the leaves that follow, called "true" leaves. Smoothie Mix baby greens are ready to harvest 23 to 35 days after sowing, when they have true leaves, at 2"–4". Slow growers, or cool growing temperatures may require more time. Harvest by cutting just above the soil line. For more than one harvest (up to 3 before flavor declines) leave about 1/2" of leafy growth on the small plants so they can regenerate.