A magnificent plant in your garden, particularly nice when grown in groups of three or more. Pacific Giants Blend is an award-winning heirloom strain with tall, elegant spires of closely packed, large, well-formed blossoms in pink, violet, and many shades of blue flowers. A great background plant that attracts hummingbirds and other pollinators. Eye-catching cut flower. Resists mildew.CAUTION: Poisonous if ingested.
• Botanical Name: Delphinium elatum
• Family: Ranunculaceae
• Native: Asia and Europe
• Hardiness: Hardy perennial in USDA zones 3-7. In warmer zones, plants are short-lived and treated as annuals sown in late summer/fall for spring bloom.
• Plant Dimensions: 3'–6' tall
• Variety Information: Tall, elegant spires of closely packed, large, well-formed 3" blossoms in pink, violet, and many shades of blue.
• Exposure: Full sun
• Bloom Period: Spring to early summer
• Attributes: Attracts Hummingbirds, Attracts Pollinators, Cut Flower, Deer Resistant
• When to Sow Outside: 1 to 2 weeks after your average last frost date, or as late as 2 months before your average first frost date, and when soil temperature is 60°–70°F.
• When to Start Inside: 6 to 8 weeks before your average last frost date. In mild climates, start in midsummer to transplant in fall for spring bloom.
• Days to Emerge: 15 – 20 days
• Seed Depth: ¼"
• Seed Spacing: A group of 6 seeds every 24"
• Thinning: When 3" tall, thin to 1 every 24"