Jonathan Green Green-Up Lawn Food is a quick, deep greening fertilizer that can be used on all types of turf grass and will feed the lawn for up to three months. The polymer coated nitrogen in this product provides a slow and steady food release, preventing a surge of grass growth in the early spring, which reduces grass clippings when mowing. Green-Up is the best fertilizer to use in the early spring if crabgrass is not present.
- Fertilizer analysis: 29-0-3
- Quick, greening formula for all grass types
- Slow release nitrogen is unaffected by excessive rainfall
- 4% iron for maximum greening
- Continuous feeding for up to 3 months
When to Apply:
Best time to apply is in the spring through fall depending on the region.
- Spread this product a day or two after mowing and when the lawn is dry.
- Apply the same day as seeding or sodding.
Use a rotary or drop lawn spreader.
- Check that the spreader opening at the bottom of the hopper is closed.
- To select the proper spreader setting see the Spreader Settings section in the accordion below.
- Push the lever forward only when ready to spread.
- Apply fertilizer around the perimeter of the lawn to establish a turning area. Then run the spreader back and forth within the area outlined by your first perimeter application. Always allow an overlap to avoid gaps in coverage.
- To avoid staining, sweep any excess granules off of hard surfaces and back onto the lawn.
- Irrigate the treated area after application for best results. About 1 ½ inches of water per week is sufficient between rainfall and irrigation but not to the point of run-off.
- Once watered, wait a day to mow the lawn allowing the product time to activate.