Neon 1½" flowers make a pretty carpet of color with dense, spreading, succulent foliage. Native to South Africa, annual iceplant thrives in hot, dry environments and puts on a show when the show shines, closing at night and during cloud cover. Sow along borders, between pavers, as a groundcover, in rock gardens, or containers. Attracts bees and other pollinators. Fun to scatter here and there like a wildflower seed for dashes of color throughout the garden!
• Botanical Name: Cleretum bellidiforme
• Family: Aizoaceae
• Native: South Africa
• Hardiness: Annual
• Plant Dimensions: 4"–8" tall
• Variety Information: 1½" flowers in shades of orange, pink, purple, red, white, and yellow, including some bicolors.
• Exposure: Full sun
• Bloom Period: Spring to fall
• Attributes: Attracts Pollinators, Drought Tolerant, Heat Tolerant
• When to Sow Outside: 1 to 2 weeks before average last frost. In mild climates, sow late summer to fall for blossom in winter and spring
• When to Start Inside: 6 to 8 weeks before average last frost.
• Days to Emerge: 7–21 days
• Seed Depth: Press into surface
• Seed Spacing: A group of 3 seeds every 10"
• Thinning: Not required