Cascade of Color spills over the edge of patio containers or hanging baskets to soften and complement the entire arrangement. This densely flowering beauty will grace your flower bed with blossoms of blue, blue with a white eye, lilac, red, ruby, and white.
• Botanical Name: Lobelia erinus
• Family: Campanulaceae
• Native: Africa
• Hardiness: Perennial in USDA zones 10–11; otherwise grown as an annual
• Plant Dimensions: 6"–8" long
• Variety Information: ½" flowers in blue, lilac, red, ruby, and white
• Exposure: Full sun to part shade
• Bloom Period: Spring to frost
• Attributes: Attracts Beneficial Insects, Attracts Pollinators, Deer Resistant, Good for Containers
• When to Sow Outside: 1 to 2 weeks after your average last frost date. In Mild Climates, sow in late summer for winter color.
• When to Start Inside: RECOMMENDED. 8 to 10 weeks before your average last frost date. Ideal soil temperature for germination is 60°–70°F.
• Days to Emerge: 15–20 days
• Seed Depth: Press lightly into surface
• Seed Spacing: Sow in groups of 12–20 seeds, 4"–6" apart
• Thinning: Not required.