Jonathan Green Love Your Soil® assists in breaking up clay and loosens compacted soils, which improves root penetration, grass growth and root mass. Because hard and compacted soil is often the problem when it comes to growing a great lawn, this product is designed to help release nutrients trapped in the soil for premium grass growth.
Love Your Soil® also helps to stimulate soil microbial life. The bacteria and fungi in soil break down organic matter converting it to humus. Healthy biologically active soil contains as much as 5% organic humus while lawns that struggle might contain less than 1%.
Feeding a lawn synthetic, chemical fertilizers neglects the microbial life within the soil. In comparison, Love Your Soil® feeds and stimulates microbes to build a humus reserve which imparts nutrient-laden water and disease resistance. Microbial populations are responsible for recycling organic waste which makes the soil more porous allowing air, water, and grassroots to penetrate deeper.
- Loosens hard, compacted soil
- Increases root mass and drought tolerance of turfgrass
- Spurs soil microbes to break down trapped soil nutrients
- Rich in humates to help restore soil life, and creates a humus reserve in the soil
- 18 lb Bag – 5,000 sq. ft.
- 54 lb Bag – 15,000 sq. ft.
When to Apply:
- The best time to apply is spring, summer or fall when the soil temperature reaches 65°F or higher.
- Safe to apply when seeding or sodding.
Spread the product on a dry lawn soon after mowing.
- For best results, rake the lawn vigorously prior to application.
- Use a rotary or drop lawn spreader. To select the proper setting see the Spreader Settings section in the accordion below.
- Apply around the perimeter of the lawn to establish a turning area. Then run the spreader back and forth within the area outlined by your first perimeter application. Always allow an overlap to avoid gaps in coverage.
Can be used on vegetable gardens, trees, roses and shrubs.
- To avoid staining, sweep any excess granules off of hard surfaces and back onto the lawn.
- Irrigate after application for best results.
- Once watered, wait a day to mow the lawn to give the product time to activate.