Jonathan Green Mag-I-Cal® for Lawns in Acidic Soil contains calcium carbonate in a completely soluble form that is immediately available to adjust soil pH upwards. Poor soil is often the problem in growing a great lawn and calcium is vital to many grass plant functions.
Lawns thrive in soil with pH levels between 6.2 and 7.0. When the pH level of the soil is below this range grass becomes light green, weeds persist, and fertilizer nutrients are not fully absorbed. Mag-I-Cal® Plus also contains humates to stimulate soil microbial life. When soil chemistry and biology are balanced, nutrients from lawn foods are not wasted and the grass will thrive.
- 18 lb Bag – 5,000 sq. ft.
- 54 lb Bag – 15,000 sq. ft.
When to Apply:
- Best applied during the growing season when the soil is not frozen.
- Safe to apply when seeding or sodding.
- Spread the product on a dry lawn soon after mowing.
- For best results, rake the lawn vigorously prior to application.
- Use a rotary or drop lawn spreader. To select the proper setting see the Spreader Settings section in the accordion below.
- Apply around the perimeter of the lawn to establish a turning area. Then run the spreader back and forth within the area outlined by your first perimeter application. Always allow an overlap to avoid gaps in coverage.
Can be used on vegetable gardens.
- To avoid staining, sweep any excess granules off of hard surfaces and back onto the lawn.
- Irrigate the treated area after application for 15-30 minutes for best results.
- Once watered, wait a day to mow the lawn to give the product time to activate.
- For soils with pH lower than 6, repeat applications twice a year.