Add a fresh accent of flavor and color to hors d'oeuvres, sandwiches, and salads! Mellow Blend microgreens can be grown indoors at any time of year and are a nutrient-packed way to get your "green fix" in the dead of winter. Move containers as needed for best light exposure and temperature. Harvest when first leaves appear and enjoy!
Mix includes: 25% Mizuna mustard, 25% broccoli, 20% kohlrabi, 15% Tatsoi bok choy, 15% Red Acre cabbage
• Botanical Name: Brassica, assorted species
• Days to Maturity: 10–15 days
• Family: Brassicaceae
• Native: Eurasia
• Hardiness: Frost-sensitive annuals and biennials
• Variety Information: Soft leaves in a range of colors from green to red-bronze.
• When to Sow Outside: Not recommended. Microgreens are fragile, and outside soil makes them difficult to clean.
• When to Start Inside: RECOMMENDED. Sow indoors any time of year. For a continual crop, sow every 7 to 14 days.
• Days to Emerge: 4–7 days
• Seed Depth: ⅛"–¼"
• Seed Spacing: ¼"–½"
• Thinning: Not required
• Harvesting: When seedlings emerge, the first pair of leaves to show are the cotyledons, which can look very different from the leaves that follow, called "true" leaves. Microgreens are ready to harvest when they have cotyledons, or when the first true leaves have begun to form, depending on preference. Cool growing temperatures may slow the expected amount of days to maturity. Using scissors, cut microgreens just above the soil line when you are ready to use them.