Sunrise Blend's assortment of luscious, colorful blooms flutter in the breeze against vigorous heart-shaped foliage from midsummer to the first fall frost. The flowers open in the early morning and may stay open all day on cloudy days or when temperatures cool down in the fall. May reseed. CAUTION: Most parts of this plant are poisonous if ingested.
• Botanical Name: Ipomoea purpurea
• Family: Convolvulaceae
• Native: Neotropics
• Hardiness: Perennial in USDA zones 10 and warmer; otherwise grown as an annual.
• Plant Dimensions: 8'–10' vines
• Variety Information: 2"–3" wide flowers in assorted colors; may include crimson red, white, light blue, rose, pink, and deep violet.
• Exposure: Full sun
• Bloom Period: Summer to frost
• Attributes: Attracts Pollinators, Deer Resistant
• When to Sow Outside: RECOMMENDED. 1 to 2 weeks after your average last frost date. Plants started too early outside will end up less vigorous than plants started when warmer.
• When to Start Inside: 4 to 6 weeks before transplanting outside. Sow into a biodegradable pot that can be directly planted in the ground to avoid disturbing roots.
• Days to Emerge: 5–15 days
• Seed Depth: ½"
• Seed Spacing: A group of of 3 seeds every 6" – 12"
• Thinning: When 2" tall thin to 1 every 6" – 12"