This lovely penstemon deserves a place in every garden! If you have a spot that rarely gets watered, but still want a beautiful, flowering perennial, Dazzler Blend will delight! Very drought tolerant once established, but also does well with average moisture. Excellent rock garden plant and a nice addition to well-drained containers. Include in the front of your wildflower areas. Attracts hummingbirds and is valuable to native bees.
• Botanical Name: Penstemon barbatus
• Family: Plantaginaceae
• Native: North America
• Hardiness: Perennial in USDA zones 4–8
• Plant Dimensions: 12" tall
• Variety Information: ¾"–1" long flowers in pink, rose, blue and purple, borne on thin spires
• Exposure: Full sun
• Bloom Period: Spring to summer
• Attributes: Attracts Hummingbirds, Attracts Pollinators, Cut Flower, Drought Tolerant, Good for Containers, Heat Tolerant
• When to Sow Outside: 6 to 8 weeks before your average last frost date or late fall.
• When to Start Inside: 6 to 8 weeks before your average last frost date. Germinates best in cooler soils (near 55°F).
• Days to Emerge: 14–35 days
• Seed Depth: Press into surface
• Seed Spacing: A group of 3 seeds every 8"–12"
• Thinning: When 1" tall, thin to 1 every 8"–12"