Night and Day' is a spicy scented, visually striking cousin of the 'Black Prince' snapdragon. This bumblebee favorite is long blooming and makes absolutely gorgeous cut flowers! We love how it looks next to bunny tails grass in a container. When the weather cools in fall, its dark red petals turn nearly black and its foliage turns dark burgundy, enhancing the contrast with its lower white jaws.
• Botanical Name: Antirrhinum majus
• Family: Plantaginaceae
• Native: Southern Europe, Northern Africa, and West Asia
• Hardiness: Usually grown as an annual, though perennial in USDA zone 5 and warmer.
• Plant Dimensions: 18" tall, 12" wide
• Variety Information: 1" bicolor flowers, dark red, and creamy white turning nearly black with the cooler weather of fall.
• Exposure: Full sun to part shade
• Bloom Period: Blooms heaviest in cool weather
• Attributes: Attracts Pollinators, Cut Flower, Deer Resistant, Good for Containers
• When to Sow Outside: Cold Climates: 4 to 6 weeks before your average last frost date or as soon as soil can be worked. Mild Climates: Late summer to early fall for winter and spring bloom.
• When to Start Inside: RECOMMENDED. 8 to 10 weeks before your average last frost date.
• Days to Emerge: 10–15 days
• Seed Depth: Surface
• Seed Spacing: A group of 3 seeds every 12"
• Thinning: When ½" tall, thin to 1 every 12"