Who can resist flowers with names like 'Apricot Twist', 'Lemon Sorbet', 'Moonshadow', and 'Peach Passion'? Also livening up this brilliant mix are 'Starburst Lemon Éclair', 'Stella Gold', 'ProCut Orange', and 'Starburst Lemon Aura'. These tall plants, some single stemmed and some branching, are ideal for the back of the garden or as a border. Plant only 10" apart to produce longer stems with smaller blooms. As pollenless hybrids, there'll be no more messy pollen drop from your gorgeous cut flower arrangements, but still plenty of nectar for pollinators. Drought tolerant, but best flower production with regular water.
• Botanical Name: Helianthus annuus (hybrid)
• Family: Asteraceae
• Native: North America
• Hardiness: Annual
• Plant Dimensions: 4'–6' tall
• Variety Information: 3"–4" pollenless flowers in shades of yellow from creamy to lemon to yellow-orange.
• Exposure: Full sun
• Bloom Period: Summer to frost
• Attributes: Attracts Pollinators, Cut Flower, Drought Tolerant, Heat Tolerant
• When to Sow Outside: RECOMMENDED. 1 to 2 weeks after your average last frost date.
• When to Start Inside: 2 to 4 weeks before your average last frost date. Sunflowers are senstive to root disturbance; sow in biodegradable pots that can be planted directly in the ground.
• Days to Emerge: 10–15 days
• Seed Depth: ¼"–½"
• Seed Spacing: A group of 3 seeds every 12"–24"
• Thinning: When 3" tall, thin to 1 every 12"–24"