Moulin Rouge' is a stunning, true red sunflower, on multi-branching plants. A dramatic accent in beds, borders, and arrangements. For highest quality cut flowers, planting closer together will produce longer stems and smaller flowers. For long-lasting vase life, cut before flower is completely open. 'Moulin Rouge' doesn't drop its pollen making it all beauty and no mess. Drought tolerant once established.
• Botanical Name: Helianthus annuus (hybrid)
• Family: Asteraceae
• Native: North America
• Hardiness: Annual
• Plant Dimensions: 4'–6' tall
• Variety Information: 3"–6" deep red flowers
• Exposure: Full sun
• Bloom Period: Summer to frost
• Attributes: Attracts Pollinators, Cut Flower, Drought Tolerant, Heat Tolerant
• When to Sow Outside: RECOMMENDED. 1 to 2 weeks after your average last frost date.
• When to Start Inside: 2 to 4 weeks before your average last frost date. Sunflowers are senstive to root disturbance; sow in biodegradable pots that can be planted directly in the ground.
• Days to Emerge: 10–15 days
• Seed Depth: ¼"–½"
• Seed Spacing: A group of 3 seeds every 18"–24"
• Thinning: When 3" tall, thin to 1 every 18"–24"