Appropriately named, Bouquet Blend has longer, sturdier stems and was developed especially for cut flower use. Large, romantically ruffled, lightly-scented flowers attract pollinators, too! Bouquet Blend flowers in the lengthening daylight of spring.
• Botanical Name: Lathyrus odoratus
• Family: Fabaceae
• Native: Italy
• Hardiness: Frost-tolerant annual
• Plant Dimensions: 5'–6' vines
• Variety Information: 1"–2" flowers in colors of scarlet, rose, salmon, cream, pink, navy blue, mid-blue, lavender, and white. Almost every color except yellow.
• Exposure: Full sun to part shade
• Bloom Period: Spring/summer
• Attributes: Attracts Pollinators, Cut Flower, Deer Resistant
• When to Sow Outside: RECOMMENDED. Cold Climates: 4 to 6 weeks before your average last frost date, or as soon as the soil can be worked. Mild Climates: Late fall to winter for spring bloom. Ideal temperature is 55°–65°F.
• When to Start Inside: Mild Climates: 4 to 6 weeks before your average last frost date. Sow in biodegradable pots and grow in cool conditions (55°F or below).
• Days to Emerge: 10–21 days
• Seed Depth: 1"
• Seed Spacing: A group of 3 seeds every 6"
• Thinning: When 3" tall thin to 1 every 6"