The exquisite fragrance of these large, ruffled flowers harks back to days of grandmother's garden. Bring the luscious aroma into your home in cut flower bouquets. This rainbow blend includes purple, red, rose, scarlet, white, blue, cream, and some bicolors. More heat resistant than other sweet peas.
• Botanical Name: Lathyrus odoratus
• Family: Fabaceae
• Native: Italy
• Hardiness: Frost-tolerant annual
• Plant Dimensions: 5'–6' vines
• Variety Information: 1"–2" flowers in cherry, buttermilk, salmon, pink, white, sky blue, white and blue, yellow with blue, blue bicolor, and red bicolor.
• Exposure: Full sun to part shade
• Bloom Period: Spring/summer
• Attributes: Attracts Pollinators, Cut Flower, Deer Resistant
• When to Sow Outside: RECOMMENDED. Cold Climates: 4 to 6 weeks before your average last frost date, or as soon as the soil can be worked. Mild Climates: Late fall to early winter for spring bloom. Ideal temperature is 55°–65°F.
• When to Start Inside: 4 to 6 weeks before your average last frost date. Sow in biodegradable pots and grow in cool conditions (55°F or below).
• Days to Emerge: 10–21 days
• Seed Depth: 1"
• Seed Spacing: A group of 3 seeds every 6"
• Thinning: When 3" tall, thin to 1 every 6"