Benary's Giant' blooms are truly giant at up to 6", and come in a rainbow of eye-pleasing colors for an impressive backdrop in your garden. Blooms are densely petaled, very long-lasting, and hold up well despite rain and summer's heat. Flower beds come alive as butterflies and other pollinators come to visit these vibrant flowers. The Association of Specialty Cut Flower Growers named 'Benary's Giant' series their very first Cut Flower of the Year in 1999. Deer resistant.
• Botanical Name: Zinnia elegans
• Family: Asteraceae
• Native: Mexico
• Hardiness: Annual
• Plant Dimensions: 3'–4' tall
• Variety Information: Flowers up to 6" across include white, shades of red, orange, purple, pink, salmon and yellow.
• Bloom Period: Summer to frost
• Attributes: Attracts Pollinators, Deer Resistant, Cut Flower
• When to Sow Outside: RECOMMENDED. 1 to 2 weeks after your average last frost date.
• When to Start Inside: 4 to 6 weeks before your average last frost date. Transplant outdoors after last frost. Zinnias do not benefit from being planted early; wait for warmer weather.
• Days to Emerge: 3–10 Days
• Seed Depth: ¼"
• Seed Spacing: A group of 3 seeds every 10" – 12"
• Thinning: When 2" tall, thin to 1 every 10" – 12"